Setting up your Zoom environment
- Lighting should come from in front of you or from the side, in order to best light your face. Eliminate any direct backlighting (like a window behind you). Get plenty of light overall — be aware of glare on any eyeglasses.
- Keep your background clear of distractions
- Have the camera of your device/laptop at eye level. Put the device/laptop on a box or some other sturdy support such as stack of large books to adjust the camera to eye level
- Smartphones or pads with cameras can be used but must be used in a horizontal or landscape position ▄ not portrait ▌and should be used with a stand or not hand held.
- Avoid noise and other sounds at your space.
- Choose solid-colored clothing rather than clothing with tight patterns or logos.